Our mobility forum promotes clean and sustainable urban mobility, and aims to raise awareness of the contributions being made and challenges met at local level
The increasing volume of road traffic in urban areas leads to a wide range of problems: congestion and accidents, air pollution and noise, harm to the environment and to citizens' health.
Our members are committed to promoting more sustainable and integrated urban transport systems, providing citizens with convenient and accessible public transport, and protecting the safety of pedestrians and cyclists.
1. EU policy
Members of the EUROCITIES Mobility forum have a wide and in-depth knowledge of mobility and transport issues, they provide practical and innovative expertise which make it possible to place mobility as key component of environmental and urban planning discussions.
Our mobility forum works directly with the EU institutions, national and regional governments to make sure the urban dimension of mobility and transport is taken into account. Our forum closely cooperates with many other key stakeholders involved in urban mobility to join forces.
The main policy issues in which the EUROCITIES Mobility Forum is involved are:
- Road Transport Package
- General Safety Regulation revision
- Implementation of the Clean Power for Transport Package
- Cooperative ITS and autonomous vehicles
- EU Cycling Strategy
- Decarbonisation Package
- Follow up on the implementation of the Urban Mobility Package
- Type Approval Regulation and 3rd Real-World Driving Emissions Testing Package - in cooperation with the EUROCITIES Environment Forum,
- Smart Cities - in cooperation with the EUROCITIES Knowledge Society Forum
- EU urban agenda: partnership on urban mobility
2. Membership and networking
With Sofia as Chair of the EUROCITIES Mobility forum, the efforts to increase geographical balance and further intensify its efforts to involve Eastern European cities is a priority. This will include efforts to increase synergies between EU-funded project work, the forum and its working groups.
Our mobility forum will continue to cooperate with a range of stakeholders, such as public authorities, NGOs, academia and private companies.
3. Connecting with projects
The mobility forum is the forum with the highest number of projects within EUROCITIES. Our team is covering a wide range of topics related to urban mobility, in particular:
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs): implementation of SUMPs with SUMPs Up project and support to the Mediterranean cities in the development of SUMPs with the INTERREG MED project GO SUMP,
- Modal shift: campaign for awareness raising and behaviour change with the EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK
- Urban congestion: research and transfer among cities working on tackling congestion with the CIVITAS CREATE project
- Mobility Management through the CIVITAS initiative which covers 9 other areas of work for better and cleaner transport
- Trans-European Transport Networks and the urban nodes with the Vital Nodes project
The EUROCITIES team also monitors relevant EU funding calls and provides members with funding forecasts, funding briefs and opportunities to find project partners.
- Urban dimension in EU transport strategies
- Clean, connected and autonomous mobility
- Planning and financing sustainable urban mobility
Forum meetings in 2018
- 23-25 April 2018: Prague
- Autumn 2018: To be decided
Forum meetings in 2019
Members are welcome to contact the forum coordinator to express their interest and apply
Aix-Marseille-Provence Metropole Amsterdam Angers Loire Metropole Antwerp Athens Banja Luka Barcelona Barrier free city foundation Belfast Belgrade Bergen Berlin Bialystok Bilbao Birmingham Bologna Bonn Bordeaux BrabantStad Braga Bratislava Bremen Brest Metropole Oceane Brighton & Hove Bristol Brno Brussels Brussels Capital Region Budapest Burgas Cardiff Cluj-Napoca Cologne Constanta Copenhagen Dortmund Dresden Dusseldorf Edinburgh Eindhoven Espoo Essen EUROCITIES Brussels Office Florence Frankfurt Gaziantep Gdansk Genoa Ghent Gijon Glasgow Gothenburg Grand Nancy Grenoble Alpes Metropole Hamburg Helsinki Heraklion Istanbul Izmir Kapsch TrafficCom AB Karlsruhe Karlstad Kharkiv Kiel Konya Kyiv Leeds Leipzig Lisbon Liverpool Ljubljana Lodz London Luxembourg Lviv Lyon Madrid Malmo Manchester Mannheim Metropole Europeenne de Lille Milan Munich Munster Murcia Nantes Netwerkstad Twente Newcastle-Gateshead Nice Cote d Azur Nicosia Novi Sad Nuremberg Odessa Oslo Oulu Palermo Paris Pilsen Pisa Porto Prague Rennes Metropole Reykjavik Riga Rome Rotterdam Rzeszow Sarajevo Seville Sheffield Skopje Sofia St Etienne Stockholm Strasbourg Stuttgart Sunderland Tallinn Tampere Tbilisi Terrassa Metropolitan Area The Hague Thessaloniki Timisoara Tirana Toulouse Tours Turin Turku Uppsala Utrecht Valladolid Vantaa Varna Venice Verona Vienna Vilnius Warsaw Wroclaw Yerevan Zagreb Zaragoza Zurich