Social Affairs Forum strategy for the period 2019-2020
Our SAF strategy is based on the long-term vision of inclusive and cohesive cities with equal opportunities for all people. We aspire to:
▪ A city of inclusive growth where everyone can access inclusive labour market, gain decent wages, high skill levels and opportunities for re-training, up-skilling and career transition;
▪ A city where everyone feels at home: diversity of backgrounds is welcomed as a source of strength for social mixing and social cohesion while discrimination and racism are deplored;
▪ A city where no one is left behind and everyone has opportunities to fully participate in society with equitable access to affordable education, housing, healthcare, social services;
▪ A city of equal opportunities for well-being in which the area where one lives does not affect their chances of graduating school, finding a job or residing a safe and warm home;
▪ A sustainable city where social investment is guiding economic and environmental policies;
▪ A city of social innovations where new technologies are used to foster social and digital inclusion, improve access and quality of services, and engage people in creating the city.
1. A good start in life for all children and young people
2. Inclusive labour markets preparing for the future of work and skills
3. Tackling housing poverty and homelessness
4. Diversity, social cohesion and integration of refugees and migrants
5. Accessible and age-friendly services
Our strategy adopts a life-cycle approach to ensure that the needs and interests of all people in our cities are well taken care of at any age or stage of their life. This involves children having sufficient places in nurseries and schools, young people getting support to move from education and training to work, working-age adults being prepared to face changes in the world of work, all people even those inactive having a roof over their heads, elderly people being helped to fully participate in the community and every person feeling welcome regardless of their origin.
Aarhus Aix-Marseille-Provence Metropole Amiens Metropole Amsterdam Angers Loire Metropole Antwerp Athens Banja Luka Barcelona Belfast Belgrade Bergen Berlin Beylikdüzü Bialystok Bilbao Birmingham Bologna Bonn Bordeaux Borlange BrabantStad Braga Bratislava Bremen Brighton & Hove Bristol Brno Brussels Brussels Capital Region Budapest Burgas Bydgoszcz Cagliari Cardiff Cluj-Napoca Cologne Constanta Copenhagen Coventry Debrecen Dortmund Dresden Dublin Dusseldorf Edinburgh Eindhoven Espoo Essen EUROCITIES Brussels Office Florence Frankfurt Gaziantep Gdansk Genoa Ghent Gijon Glasgow Gothenburg Grand Paris Sud Grenoble Alpes Metropole Hamburg Helsinki Heraklion Istanbul Izmir Karlsruhe Karlstad Katowice Kharkiv Kiel Konya Kyiv Lausanne Leeds Leeuwarden Leipzig Linkoping Lisbon Ljubljana Lodz London Lublin Luxembourg Lviv Lyon Madrid Malmo Manchester Mannheim Metropole Europeenne de Lille Milan Munich Munster Murcia Nantes Netwerkstad Twente Newcastle-Gateshead Nice Cote d Azur Nicosia Nottingham Novi Sad Nuremberg Odessa Oslo Osmangazi Ostend Oulu Palermo Paris Pendik Pilsen Porto Poznan Prague Rennes Metropole Reykjavik Riga Rome Rotterdam Sarajevo Seville Sheffield Sofia Solna St Etienne Stavanger Stockholm Strasbourg Stuttgart Sunderland Tallinn Tampere Tbilisi Terrassa Metropolitan Area The Hague Thessaloniki Timisoara Tirana Toulouse Turin Turkish Cypriot community of Nicosia Turku Uppsala Utrecht Valladolid Vantaa Varna Venice Verona Vienna Vilnius Warsaw Wroclaw Yerevan Zagreb Zaragoza Zurich