EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a policy advisor in the field of social affairs. The successful candidate for this position will work under the supervision of the policy director at the EUROCITIES Brussels office. He/she would ideally start beginning as soon as possible. EUROCITIES is an equal opportunity employer. At EUROCITIES we are committed to fair employment practices and encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, ages and genders, as well as those with disabilities. We strive to create a workforce which is as diverse as the cities we serve.
- The policy advisor will be responsible for supporting EUROCITIES activities related to social affairs forum, with a specific focus on inclusive labour market and social innovation.
- preparing policy-transfer and mutual learning events on social affairs and employment for EUROCITIES members, including study visits and peer reviews
- organising dissemination and advocacy activities, including seminars, workshops and publications
- carrying out lobby and advocacy work on long-term unemployment, youth unemployment, and the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights with European Institutions and other relevant stakeholders
- providing support to EUROCITIES Working Group on Employment, and Working Group Smart Social Inclusion, preparing policy briefing and drafting policy papers
- cooperating with colleagues to ensure the delivery of the annual workplan and mutual learning programme for social and employment policies
- Excellent research and analytical skills, including the ability to collect, analyse and present information in a clear and concise way
- Experience in mutual learning/policy transfer methodologies
- Excellent political judgement for advocacy and lobby work
- Problem-solving attitude, initiative and self-motivating
- Good planning, organisation and coordination skills
- capable of handling multiple and changing priorities
- Good negotiating and influencing skills
- Able to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent English, other languages an asset
- Deep understanding of EU social policies and governance system
- Good understanding of employment policies
- Degree in social policies, social sciences, urban development, EU studies or related fields
- Good understanding of evidence based policy making
- Good understanding of urban policies
- 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience
- Experience of policy oriented research
- Experience in coordinating working groups
- Experience in advocacy, lobby and influencing EU institutions and other relevant stakeholders
- Experience in organising events and mutual learning activities
- Experience of working with cities, either in a city administration or city network an asset
- An open ended contract linked to the funding of the EaSi programme (2017-2020)
- Salary according to profile and experience
- Additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques)
- Training opportunities
- A dynamic international team
- A pleasant working environment
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining your suitability for the position together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 4 February 2019 at 09.00 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘policy advisor’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in Brussels beginning of February.