EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is looking for a work experience placement under the supervision of the policy advisor in the area of knowledge society (ICT) for six months starting on 24 September 2018. This area includes topics such as smart cities, research and innovation, digital inclusion and e-government, data, standards, broadband, cyber-security and more.
- monitoring ICT policy initiatives and developments at the EU level
- analysing ICT policy documents, drafting briefing notes and policy papers
- drafting articles for the EUROCITIES newsletter, managing KSF yammer platform, updating the EUROCITIES web pages on ICT issues and other communications-related tasks
- assisting the project team on ICT related projects and initiatives
- assisting in the organization of forum and working group meetings
- general administrative tasks
- university degree preferably on political science, international relations, EU policies etc.
- basic knowledge about ICT policies in the EU (EU digital agenda, digital single market strategy), the role of local authorities and the EU institutions
- excellent English; other European languages are an asset
- good command of MS Office
- proactive, organised, team player
- assistance with living expenses of up to €200 per month under Belgian legislation
- reimbursement of local public transport expenses
- assistance with lunch expenses
- a Belgian mobile phone number, with credit for calls and internet
- up to €300 reimbursement for one trip home during the contract
- insights into the daily work of a policy team
- a dynamic and international working environment
Please send your motivation letter (max 1 page) and CV by COB 24 August 2018, to
Patricia de Wouters
Email subject : WEP KSF
Your motivation letter should include replies to the following questions:
- What does attract you to EUROCITIES?
- Why, in your view, digital related matters are among the priorities of major cities in Europe?
Interviews will be held in the first week of September 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CV and personal data of non-selected candidates are not shared with anyone outside EUROCITIES and will be deleted immediately after the recruitment process. For more information, read our .