This call from the European Cultural Foundation is for creative, cultural actions prior, during and after the European Parliamentary elections that can breathe life into Europe, and democracy at large.
Two types of projects can be funded:
- A) Projects related to the European Parliamentary elections (= priority lane).
- B) Projects related to the theme Democracy Needs Imagination beyond the European Parliamentary elections.
Priority is given to proposals related to, and taking place before or during the European Parliamentary elections (May 23-26)
Preference is given to:
- Innovative and provocative ideas that challenge the negative discourse and are able to become inspiring examples from the local to the European levels .
- Projects involving a broad group of people (both in size and in diversity of backgrounds).
The call is ongoing with no deadlines. It runs until the available resources have been awarded to the most inspiring and imaginative projects.
Grants are available for individuals and organisations. Almost everything is possible: start-up funding, co-funding or filling a budgetary gap. Anything can be covered from HR costs, to material or travel costs, as long as your project and budget is clear and concrete.
There are three grant sizes. Large grants are available for organisations only.
- Small: 5.000 – 15.000 euro
- Medium: 15.000 – 30.000 euro
- Large: 30.000 – 50.000 euro
More information are available here.