We are pleased to invite you for a meeting of the EUROCITIES task-force on the localisation of Sustainable Development Goals, with a focus on mutual learning and presentation of EUROCITIES SDGs Report and activities at EU level.
The meeting will be taking place in Brussels on 3 July from 09.30 until 16.30. The meeting is open to all interested cities that are currently working or planning to work on SDGs. If you cannot make it to Brussels you are welcome to register and join the meeting via skype.
The focus of the meeting will be on technical aspects related to the implementation of the SDGs in cities, and we expect officers directly responsible for SDGs in cities.
The first part of the meeting on Tools and Policies at EU level will be centred around:
- Presentation of developments at EU level on SDGs by Institutions (eg. EC, EP)
- Reactions to EU action on SDGs from other stakeholders (e.g. SDG Watch)
- Tools and strategies to implementing SDGs at local level (e.g. OECD, JRC/DG REGIO, Local coalition)
The second part of the meeting on Mutual learning and Capacity-building will be centred around:
- EUROCITIES forthcoming report on members’ activities on SDGs
- Workshop in small groups with specific focus on key opportunities and key success factors
- Group discussion with focus on possible study visits, areas of action and next step
To learn more about EUROCITIES task-force you can find a presentation about the concept, current members and forthcoming activities at this link.
If you are not yet part of the task-force and wish to join on behalf of your city you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last but not least, we would like to suggest you the opportunity to combine your participation to the task-force meeting with participation to our Working Group on cohesion policy on 2 July. Post-2020 EU regional development strategies are increasingly connected with the SDGs and Agenda 2030, and it would be beneficial to consider how to strengthen synergies. For more information, please find the draft agenda on the event’s page.
Should you have further questions do not hesitate to contact us.