Webinar, 30 April 10 am CEST (Central European Summer Time) Please register by 29 April.
Is your city working on migrant’s integration, fighting poverty or has in mind an ambitious project with a strong solidarity component? Would you be willing to employ and training youngsters from all over Europe to support you in those activities?
Then join us for a webinar on how to get most of the new EU instrument: European Solidarity Corps 4 Youth (ESC4Y) - Short term employment opportunities for young people across the EU.
The webinar will present the project and the modality for local authorities to be involved as an employer and to receive funding for their solidarity projects.
- ESC4Y project is part of the occupational strand of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC), an a EU initiative that offers young Europeans (18-30 years old) the possibility to volunteer or work in projects abroad that benefit communities and people around Europe;
- The main objective is to offer 4.000 fixed term work placements to young Europeans across the EU in occupations with a solidarity dimension;
- Employers receive 2,000 EUR for the integration of each young person;
- The work placements can be in form of a job, a traineeship, or an apprenticeship for a period from 2 to 12 months.
Speakers and agenda:
- 10:00 – 10:15 - Introduction to the European Solidarity Corps, by Bianca Faragau, EUROCITIES, and Eurochambres
- 10:15 – 10: 40 – What’s in it for cities? Benefits for municipalities to take part in the occupational strand of the programme
- 10:40 - 11:00 – Questions & answers – discussion with the participating city delegates
- 11:00 – wrap up of webinar
To know more https://escorps.eu/en/
To run webinar we use Skype for business. Information on how to access the webinar will be sent to all registered participants prior to the meeting.