This working group (WG) focuses on the role of social and affordable housing in fostering social cohesion in cities. The main issues addressed by the WG are the affordable housing, social housing and housing for vulnerable groups, mixed-use urban developments, housing and social cohesion, urban regeneration and rehabilitation of existing housing stock. Using the transfer of knowledge and know-how, cities focus on new and innovative forms of partnerships and finance models for investment in affordable housing.
In 2018, the WG has the following objectives:
- to create partnerships with the private sector for affordable housing;
- to mobilise private investments;
- to develop the framework conditions for public-private partnership (PPP);
- to explore the opportunities at European level & the cooperation with European institutions (linked to Urban Agenda);
- to develop strategies on preventing evictions, in collaborate with the WG homelessness.
Aarhus Amsterdam Antwerp Athens Barcelona Berlin Besiktas Beylikdüzü Bilbao Bonn Bordeaux Brno Brussels Capital Region Bydgoszcz Cardiff Cluj-Napoca Copenhagen Dresden Dublin Dusseldorf Essen EUROCITIES Brussels Office Gdansk Ghent Gothenburg Helsinki Leeds Ljubljana London Lyon Madrid Malmo Manchester Milan Munich Nantes Netwerkstad Twente Newcastle-Gateshead Oslo Porto Poznan Rotterdam Sheffield Solna Stockholm Stuttgart The Hague Timisoara Toulouse Turin Turkish Cypriot community of Nicosia Turku Uppsala Utrecht Valladolid Vantaa Vienna Warsaw Wroclaw Zagreb Zaragoza Zurich