This working group (WG) is focused on guiding the cities to embrace the diversity of their population and ensure equal opportunities for their population. The aim of the WG is to use a bottom-up approach to ensure that local experiences play an important role in drafting the EU migration and integration policies. It works as an environment for mutual learning on integration governance, by using mentoring activities and sharing experiences and good practice between cities. The working group is guided by the Integrating Cities Charter, which provides the framework for the WG’s activity.
In 2018, the objectives set by the WG are the following:
- to continue the of work with irregular migrants;
- to work on the political climate for identifying the strategies to avoid the rise of anti-migrant and anti-diversity sentiment in cities;
- to connect human rights approach to political work;
- to mainstream refugee integration by proving the added value for the host community and for social cohesion;
- to foster the link with other levels of government: presence of national or regional official at WG meetings;
- to develop transatlantic cooperation by continuing the dialogue with cities from US (New York);
- to work on administration openness to newcomers/representation of diversity;
- to continue the work on projects (Cities Grow, RESOMA).
Aarhus Acharnes Amsterdam Antwerp Athens Barcelona Berlin Besiktas Beylikdüzü Bilbao Bonn Bordeaux Brighton & Hove Brno Brussels Capital Region Budapest Bydgoszcz Cardiff Cluj-Napoca Copenhagen Dresden Dusseldorf Edinburgh Espoo EUROCITIES Brussels Office Gdansk Genoa Ghent Gothenburg Helsinki Karlsruhe Konya Leeds Leipzig Lisbon Ljubljana London Lublin Lyon Madrid Malmo Manchester Mannheim Milan Munich Nantes Newcastle-Gateshead Nice Cote d Azur Nicosia Nuremberg Oslo Ostend Palermo Paris Porto Rennes Metropole Riga Rotterdam Sheffield Solna Stockholm Strasbourg Stuttgart Tampere The Hague Timisoara Toulouse Turin Turkish Cypriot community of Nicosia Turku Uppsala Utrecht Vienna Warsaw Zaragoza Zurich